Mrs Adebola Sadiku (ANP)- Advanced Nurse Practitioner
Miss Katherine Byrne - Nurse
Our ANP provides comprehensive nursing care and support to our patients. As part of the medical team, Nurse and the doctors work closely together.
ANP Clinical Nursing Practice
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver safe and high quality care.
- Carries out clinical nursing practice at an advanced level using expert clinical skills, critical judgements & knowledge to deliver appropriate and safe care.
- Delivery of care in line with NSF, NICE guidelines and evidence-based care
- Triage and treat patients, performing specialist assessment of their needs and make referrals as necessary to other members of the primary and secondary health care teams as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate the planning and delivery of care ensuring patients and carers/relatives are involved.
- Prescribing and reviewing medication that is appropriate to patient needs and in accordance with latest evidence-based practice, national and practice protocols and within the scope of qualified practice.
- Diagnose and manage acute and chronic conditions, including drug and non-drug based treatment methods into a management plan.
ANP / Nurse services also include:
- Health Checks
- New Patient Health Check/Review
- Elderly Health Assessments
- Travel advice and immunisations
- Advice Regarding Health Screening
- Cervical smears
- Sexual Health/Chlamydia Checks
- Family planning advice
- Morning After Pill
- Long-term Medical Conditions: Education
- Reviews, Health Advice
- Lifestyle Advice /Health Promotion
- Smoking Advice and Smoking Cessation
- Alcohol advice and management
- Diet/Weight Advice, Monitoring and Management
- Minor Illness and Injuries
- Urine and Blood Tests