his Page is dedicated to Contacts for Learning Disability Support Groups.
ASSERT is a United Kingdom Based Support Group.
Staffed by volunteers who have direct contact with people who have Angelman Syndrome. The Majority of the Trustees are parents or relatives of Children or Adults with Angelman Syndrome.
PO Box 13694
PO Box 4962
- Support Line Tel: 0300 999 0102
The National Autistic Society exists to champion the rights and interests of all people with Autism and to ensure that they and their families receive quality services appropriate to their needs. The Website includes information about Autism and Asperger Syndrome, the NAS and its services and activities.
Telephone: 020 7833 2299
Fax: 020 7833 9666
The National Autistic Society
393 City Road
This Support Group:
- Provides Support and Friendship for families and carers throughout Britain
- Raises awareness of Cru-Du-Chat Syndrome amongst the Medical Profession and the Public.
- Raises funds to promote research through carefully selected projects.
- Gives information and advice to families and professionals
- Publishes a newsletter with general items of interest for families and carers.
S.O.F.T UK provides support for families affected by Patau's Syndrome (Trisomy 13), Edward's Syndrome (Trisomy 18), Partial Trisomy, Mosaicism, Rings, Translocation, Deletion, and related Disorders.
Telephone: 0121 351 3122
48 Froggatts Ride
This society aims to;
- Provide support and information for Fragile X families from those who share and understand their concerns and needs.
- Educate, inform and advise the public and professional people about the prevalence and nature of Fragile X in order to raises awareness and understanding of the syndrome and improve the care pf all people affected by Fragile X
- Encourage research into all aspects of the syndrome and publicise the results
Telephone: 01371 875 100
The Fragile X Society
Rood End House
6 Stortford Road
Great Dunmow, Essex
A Registered Charity and the only organisation in the UK which is dedicated to supporting people with Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS), their families, carers, and the professionals who work with them.
Telephone: 01332 365 676
Fax: 01332 360 401
125a London Road
The Society Provides accurate and up-to-date information on Turner Syndrome and the many aspects of living with the condition on a daily basis.
Telephone: 01389 380 385
Fax: 01389 380 384
The Turners Syndrome Support Society (UK)
12 Irving Quadrant
This society strives in "Helping people with Down's Syndrome to live full and rewarding lives. The only organisation in this country focusing solely on all aspects of living successfully with Down's Syndrome, their families and carers, as well as being a resource for interested professionals. We strive to improve knowledge of the condition. We champion the rights of people with Down's Syndrome".
Telephone: 0845 230 0372
Fax: 0845 230 0373
Langdon Down Centre
2A Langdon Park